Glass Beads are manufactured from lead-free, soda lime-type glass, containing no free silica that is made into preformed round, ball shapes. They produce a much smoother and brighter finish than angular abrasives. Glass beads blasting produces a clean, bright, peened, satin finish, without dimensional change of the parts. Chemically inert and environmentally friendly, glass beads are an acceptable method of metal cleaning or surface finishing when properly controlled.
- Wide range of grades available for different jobs and profiles.
- Non-reactant will not interfere with coatings.
- No dimensional change to the surface and no embedded contaminants or residue left on material.
- Smoothly blends away surface defects and improves corrosion resistance.
- No detectable crystalline silica.
View PDF Order Guide : Abrasive Blast Media – Glass Beads